Reasons why you should smile?
1) you have two gorgeous amazing daughters who love their father dearly
2) you have an amazing and lovely wife who loves her husband dearly
3) you have friends that would drop bloody everything for you anywhere and at anytime
4) you are a very successful optometrist with a solid business and staff that cannot wait until you are back in the office
5) you have a family and siblings who clearly hold you in very high regard and are so relieved you are still here
6) you were given a second chance and some great challenges to pursue as a result (you are always one in need of challenges)
7) looks like others will continue to benefit from the Russ Dawkins Foundation just getting off the ground
8) you are a stellar athlete across multiple sports. That doesn’t just leave you because your legs no longer work.
9) you are not 80 not even 50- so you have a whole life in front of you.
10) you are not an idiot and believe me- there are a lot of idiots out there.
Ok- so you are stuck in a bed for 1-2 wks. You are not 6 feet under. Read, write, study, eat, sleep, listen to music, buy something nice for Dani. Plan a surprise of some sort for your girls. Your head works even if your ass doesn’t 🙂
I know it sucks and it’s hard and it’s two steps forward and one step back. But you really are doing great and you are just plain special. Don’t forget that.
Ps- did Dan run his 50 miler ?
On 2013-10-07, at 9:13 AM, “Russ” <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Hmmm yeah. There must be a reason to be 😉 x
Sent from my iPhone 7 prototype.
On 7 Oct 2013, at 16:06, Monique Dube wrote:
Be happy 🙂 xx
On 2013-10-07, at 9:00 AM, “Russ”
I’m sure you’re right xx